Playing off of last week's posting prompt of LARGE, it was almost inevitable this week's would be SMALL. So, I already had material to go on the ancestor with the SMALLEST number of confirmed matches in my DNA clustering analysis.
Her name was HANNAH.
Here's what I know:
- She was born in Connecticut about the year 1785.
- Her maiden name was EVERETT.
- She was married at least twice, first to a man whose surname has been given as either CHAPIN or CHAFFLIN.
- She remarried about 1818 as the second wife of Thomas Macy of Hudson, New York.
- She and Thomas had one son: William H. Macy (who settled in Florida, my direct ancestor).
- She was living with her son William at Germantown, Tennessee, in 1850.
- She was not living with William's family in 1860.
What I think I know:
- She may be the Hannah Chapin who appears as a witness to the will of John Davis of Chatham, New York, dated 15 March 1814.
- She was almost certainly the white female aged 26 to 45 who was enumerated in the household of Thomas Macy at Ghent, New York, in 1820.
- She was apparently the white female aged 50 to 59 enumerated in the household of her son William H. Macy at Hudson, New York.
What I do NOT know:
- Her exact birthdate or birthplace.
- Her parents' names.
- Who her first husband was.
- If she had any children by her first marriage.
- Where she was living in 1830.
- When or where she died.
- Where she is buried.
What I know to be FALSE:
- She was NOT the daughter of David EVEREST of Salisbury, Connecticut, as has been suggested by some researchers. Mr. Everest's daughter Hannah (1771-1857) has been well documented as the wife of Jonathan Holcomb and is buried by his side in Mason, Ohio.
- Nor does she appear to be the Hannah Everest who married Luther Chapin at Salisbury, Connecticut, on 1 May 1798; and removed to Indiana.
- She certainly was not the Hannah EVARTS who was born 29 March 1785 to Abraham and Asenath (Dudley) Evarts of Guilford, Connecticut. That Hannah died UNMARRIED on 15 June 1803, age 18.
I've been struggling with this brick wall ancestor for decades now, and would gratefully receive any tips or helpful tidbits!
No comments:
Post a Comment