Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Favorite Photo

My Grandpa Gleeson was a photographer, so we are blessed with an abundance of old black and white photos from the 1930s thru the 1960s.

It was hard to pick just one in response to this week's blogging prompt.

Ultimately, I decided on this snapshot of Grandpa G enjoying a Coke and a smile with some of his comrades in arms during World War II.  It was taken at Dubsdread Country Club in Orlando, Florida.  I wish I knew the names of the other folks in the picture . . . Anyway, I've always liked it for its patriotic vibe.  After all, what's more American than Coca Cola being enjoyed by "The Greatest Generation" in uniform?!

Runners up from the Gleeson collection include a family group shot in front of King Arthur's tomb, and a somewhat embarrassing portrait of my Aunt Roberta crossing the English Channel on a windy day.  Perhaps one or both of these will appear in a future post . . . stay tuned!

#52Ancestors

No comments:

Post a Comment